Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools...

So... because I have somehow managed to live for 18months without a dishwasher some might wonder...? Did Ben play a mean trick on her as an April Fools joke?
NOPE.... this is no joke people... this in fact most prized possession is working and making me feel very happy inside! I have successfully run this piece of fine machinery 4 times in the last 24 hours. The Energy Star label says that it should cost about $19 per year to run... pretty efficient huh? Well, I will surpass that amount probably 10 times over in the month of April alone... if anyone has been unfortunate enough to be without this necessity you will appreciate where I am coming from! I always say that I was born in the wrong time, I often wish that I grew up in the 40's-50's.... but then reality sets in that there were no such thing as air conditioning, blowdryers, DISHWASHERS, so what I am really meaning when I say that is... I love the clothes... and the thought of going to the soda shop after school, riding my bike back home to our "sub-division" with children running around outside... you know just like the movies!
So it is not a trick... it is for real! Thank you Ben!


although the countertops are not completed, and the floor is not yet re-finished... I couldn't be a happier girl with this gorgeous new kitchen! It feels good to have a room in your practically 100 year old house that feels like you belong there!


























5 comments:

The Booher's said...

your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL! I cant wait to see the final pictures!

Gates & Tausha said...

AWESOME.

Heather said...

Looking good!

moorefamily said...

Man it's looking good. Your post made me realize that I totally forgot about April Fools this year and feel bad I missed out on the opportunity!!! So when will we be coming to dinner, haha just kidding. Have fun dishwashing.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, it looks so amazing! I do, however, have to ask, is that schnitzle on your cutting board????